My name is Alexa Rodriguez, MBA Candidate at Florida International University, Architect, currently exercising my professional career with over 100 project developments per year.
I am eager to share my life experiences with everyone on how to proactively impact nowadays World on regards of Technology and Sustainability. I will mention simple steps on my daily basis and also efficient steps on a full-time approach when providing my services and skills for businesses and non-profit purposes.
A little about myself:
In love with Communication, Education, Environment and Productivity.
I grew up learning how women can be empowered, to address the many challenges and take as many responsibilities as I could. My mom worked in the Banking Industry for her entire career, providing me with everything I need as I was growing up. For me, my mom is a 100% Women Empowerment example.
I decided to follow the same steps: To provide for the better community and ultimately the better World. And yes, I know many companies struggle with understanding the role of a woman in a role usually given to men, architecture. Yet, you will be amazed how many female figures are actually involved in this Industry, both direct and indirect.
knowing my contributions lead to an incredible economic growth, political stability and social transformation, here are some of the steps that helped me overcome many challenges and helped make a name for myself:
- Respect my colleagues.
- Always be responsible.
- Always give my best no matter what.
- Being aware of my surroundings.
- Help others.
- Reduce waste on my business.
- Climate Impact.
- Innovative solutions.
- Collect Data and understand how to use it.
- Share awareness on social media.
- Think like a woman, don’t change it.
When I first heard the word “Sustainable” on the news: I thought “This is it!” after all, I was the president of Environment on high school for 2 consecutive years. News from the United Nations showing the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and the agenda for 2030, it was amazing.
I immediately started my research on the topic and found out how to help the world. I approach companies with innovative solutions to the different problems they face and prepare them for the future. My ideas, outputs and contributions were now based how that decision would affect the available resources.
- Sustainable management of water: It starts even before practicing the topography for the project in mind.
- Achieve gender equality: Be inclusive, provide equal access to opportunities and resources. Fill your team and projects with all the wonderful people, you will be amazed on how beautiful things will result.
- Modern energy and Environmental approaches.
I really support the economy of my community. Since I was a kid, I engaged with multi-cultural activities for many organizations. I learned about cultural dances form different societies. Hence, I love to learn from other industries and how they are making an impact.
Being environmentally conscious is about making everyday choices such as:
- Protecting wild life: Not just our pets and our plants, but also try to take care of all the animals and plants collectively.
- Reduce Pollution: Have fun, do business, but be conscious on how your contribution affects the world.
- Ultimately learn how to use our resources in a sustainable way.
Examples & Ideas
As an Architect, when a company asks what lighting we should use, I immediately address the design first and see how climate friendly it is, then I suggest to use led lights as they consume 75% less energy.
For my daily life, I turn off all the lights and all the screens I’m not using and also unplug things that aren’t being in use at the moment.
Use water wisely.
By choosing local and organic food, I am contributing to my community economic growth and also to my personal health.
- No plastic bags.
- Smart Investment (Buy things I use.)
- Reduce waste (No idle Items.)
- Donations and Contributions.
- Led lights (also use energy.)
- Reduce carbon footprint.
These are some tips and tricks I use for my personal and professional life for a modern time. Thank you for reading, and have fun taking care of our World!
You may find me on LinkedIn.